Experience the warmth of the holidays in an authentic downtown – Old Pasadena! With snowflake lighting illuminating the district’s unique historic architecture, and window displays beckoning visitors to quaint side streets and pedestrian alleyways, it’s a family-friendly and festive place to experience the season.
Find something for everyone on your gift list at national retailers and charming local boutiques. Catch up with a friend over coffee or plan a family celebration at one of more than 100 district restaurants – many of which feature special menus, promotions, and hours for the season. Old Pas has all you need for happy – and easy! – holidays.
The festivities kick off on Saturday, December 1 with an afternoon of free face painting and photos with costumed elves at Mercantile Place. That evening brings a lively celebration at One Colorado Courtyard with karaoke, cookies and cocoa, and photos with Santa.
The fun extends until December 24! Santa Claus is ready for photos each Thursday through Sunday at One Colorado, and little ones can submit their wish lists and letters in Santa’s Mailbox – each letter gets a reply! Local pups can also celebrate the season with Yappy Holidays – a doggy meet-up in Big Bang Theory Way – and Santa’s Pet Night at One Colorado.
Finally, on select Saturday afternoons, head to Mercantile Place between Fair Oaks and Raymond for free face painting, Buster Balloons, and other surprise pop-ups.
Old Pasadena Holiday Kick Off – Saturday, December 1
• 1:00-4:00pm, Mercantile Place – Free face painting and photo ops with costumed elves
• 6:00-9:00pm, One Colorado Courtyard – Holiday Karaoke Kick-Off for kids (6:00pm) and grown-ups (7:00pm), plus cookies and cocoa, photo ops with Santa, the Family Folly photo booth, and opportunities to support the clientele of Union Station Homeless Services.
Old Pasadena Yappy Holidays Doggy Meet-Up – Saturday, December 8
• 2:00-4:00pm, 93 E. Green Street on Big Bang Theory Way – Pups can pose with holiday-themed props created by local artist Heidi Moreno, walk the “green carpet” and take pics with costumed elves, toe-tap to live jazz and swing with the Holly Street Stompers, and take advantage of special happy hour pricing at Dog Haus Biergarten and participating Partner Patios throughout the district. Each doggy guest gets a free bandana! (while supplies last) and can sample treats from The Dog Bakery; their owners can learn about local pet resources with the Pasadena Humane Society.
Santa Photos and Santa’s Mailbox at One Colorado – November 23 to December 24
Hours vary, One Colorado Courtyard
• Santa poses for photos with children, families, or pets – hours vary, check One Colorado’s website.
• If you miss Santa (or are a little shy), leave your wishes via letter and drop it in Santa’s Mailbox. All notes with a return address get a reply! (Letters must be submitted by 6pm on 12/16/18 for a response)
• December 11, 5:00-9:00pm: Pet Photos with Santa. Spruce up the pets for a session with Old St. Nick. He and his lap extend a warm welcome to creatures great and small.
Bob Baker Marionette Holiday Show – Thursday, December 13
4:30-5:30pm, One Colorado Courtyard
• One Colorado once again hosts the Bob Baker Marionette Theater for a heart-warming holiday show!
Old Pasadena Saturday Holiday Surprises – Saturdays December 1-15
1:00-4:00pm, Mercantile Place between Fair Oaks and Raymond Avenue
• Free holiday face painting and photo ops with costumed elves
• Buster Balloons’ creations, two Saturdays – December 8 & 15
All events are open to the public and are free admission unless otherwise noted.
AGES: Kids (about 0-7),Tweens (about 8-12),Teens (13+) WHEN: various times, Sat, Dec 1 – Mon, Dec 24 WHERE: various locations around Old Pasadena CA COST: Free